Connect with us


why vaccination is important for covid 19



The WHO declared the COVID-19 outbreak a pandemic back in March 2020. The virus has claimed more than 2.5 million lives globally since then, with upwards of 113 million cases being confirmed by laboratory tests. Governments around the world have been forced to implement harsh restrictions on human activity. 

A few COVID-19 vaccines are now available as an option to exit this stage of the pandemic. Many scientists believe that natural herd immunity would be insufficient without them. In the absence of vaccines, rigorous behavioural controls may have to be maintained in the future. Fortunately, at the start of 2021, a slew of vaccines received emergency approval and went on the market.

Efficacy of COVID-19 vaccination

Seven COVID-19 vaccines have been licenced and are being distributed across three platforms. Moderna and Pfizer’s mRNA-based vaccines are 94-95% effective in studies. Even in trials with high-risk individuals and the elderly, these estimates have proven to be accurate.

It is a popular myth that the vaccine protects 95% of those who receive it, leaving 5% vulnerable to the disease. Compared to a control group, those who have received the vaccine had a 95% lower risk of contracting COVID-19. These immunizations will allow society to return to “normal” and restrictions to be lifted permanently.

Public opinion of COVID-19 vaccination

An unfavourable public perception of COVID-19 immunizations could be a significant obstacle to its success. Acceptance rates are poor among some populations in particular. According to a survey conducted in Russia, less than 55% of people would accept the vaccine.
This problem can be solved by raising public awareness about the importance of the COVID-19 vaccine. The globe will not survive the pandemic and return to ‘normal’ living without immunizations. So put on a brave face, and get ready to star in your own version of Jab We Met.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *