With disruptions ever-present, the Supply Chain and Logistics Conclave 2023 highlighted key supply chain trends that offer a competitive advantage
Historically, supply chains had a single-minded focus, finely honed to be linear, efficient, and low-cost, even if they had limited resilience to external shocks. The disruptions of recent years, such as geopolitical conflicts, ESG pressures, a looming recessionary environment, and climate change, have turned convention on its head. Today, the supply chain is being re-oriented to guard against these challenges, and ensure increased agility, better talent management, and a green energy transition.
The question then arises; while the promised land can be seen off in the distance, how are we to get there?
Delivering on change of this scale requires concerted thinking, and a sense of progressiveness to usher in an era of transformation. With this in mind, the 2nd edition of the Supply Chain and Logistics Conclave 2023 organised by Team Marksmen brought together industry leaders and senior decision makers to deliberate on factors that impact our understanding of the supply chain, right from strategy, sourcing, manufacturing, packaging, storage and transportation, innovations, and much more.
This industry-centric knowledge platform saw a diverse cross-section of industry doyens offer their thoughts, such as:
- Sagar Kadu, Director Logistics, Ministry of Commerce & Industry, Government of India
- Sarala Menon, Executive Vice President, End-to-End Supply Chain, Colgate-Palmolive (India) Ltd.
- Anil Syal, President, Safexpress
- Avinash Dhagat, Vice President Supply Chain, Honasa Consumer Ltd. (Mamaearth)
- Kopal Agrawal, Chief Procurement Officer, Hindalco Industries
- Shonik Goyal, President & Head Supply Chain, Sheela Foam Ltd.
- Neeraj Bansal, Co-Head & COO – India Global, KPMG India
- Vaibhav Vohra, Managing Director, Continental Carriers
- Sanjay Gupta, Vice President – Corporate Procurement and Packaging Development, DS Group
- Rajat Dhar, Head Supply Chain and Purchase, United Colors of Benetton
- Rajeev Mehta, Senior President and Chief Logistics Officer, Ultratech Cement
- Sanjeev Suri, Senior Vice President – Global Omni Channel Logistics & Customer Services, Amway India Enterprises Private Ltd.
- Rohit Saxena, Director – Supply Chain Transformation, PwC India
- Dr. Pawan Aggarwal, Motivational Speaker
- Dr. Surendra Kumar Ahirwar, Joint Secretary, Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Government of India
- Ankur Bhagat, Vice President & Chief Supply Chain Officer (CSCO), Procter & Gamble India
- Anirban Basu, Executive Director and National Logistics Head, Dalmia Cement (Bharat) Ltd.
- Ankit Gupta, Customer Service and Order to Cash lead, India, Mondelez International
- Rajasekhara Reddy, Group Head Supply Chain APMEA region, Apollo Tyres
- Sandeep Kulkarni, Chief Supply Chain Officer, Tata CLiQ
- Uddhav Kumar, Co-founder and CEO, Lynkit
- Mayank Mehrotra, Executive Director – Supply Chain Transformation, PwC India
Offering his thoughts on the sidelines, Sharad Gupta, Co-Founder, Team Marksmen Network, said, “Legacy supply chains are too long-tailed and opaque, with little resilience, leaving them vulnerable in the face of disruptions that have emerged or yet to come to the fore. The global supply chain order is now increasingly inundated with these fractures, making it vital to embed a greater degree of resilience, sustainability, and value across the spectrum. The Supply Chain and Logistics Conclave 2023 brought together leading minds from across industries to paint a picture of the way forward for all, highlighting best practices and new ways to create value for all stakeholders while managing the multiple pressures besetting industries.”
Supply chain leaders must reset and rebalance their priorities in this new normal to create a platform for long-term, sustained success. By bringing to the fore the critical capabilities and innovations needed to do so, the Supply Chain and Logistics Conclave 2023 offered a concrete roadmaps for growth that will help drive the agenda for industry and nation-building alike.
About Team Marksmen:
Through an array of bespoke industry-centric knowledge platforms, using a variety of formats, such as Roundtables, Summits & Conferences, Workshops, and Recognition Ceremonies, Team Marksmen helps senior industry decision makers navigate through issues of critical importance and informs their world-view for better decision-making.
Team Marksmen has successfully executed more than 20 events with 300+ domestic and international B2B and B2C brands, helping businesses across industries create opportunities to engage audiences through on-ground and virtual experiences.
The organisation empowers industry leaders by providing them with insights, ideas, and opportunities that fits their unique industry and context. Through content shared via its flagship website, Marksmen Daily, and print magazine ‘in Focus’ focused on business, leadership, and lifestyle, they help advance the practice of management.
To learn more, write to us today: firstname.lastname@example.org